View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #3
Challenger1978
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Congratulations on your new baby. You will find that terriers are very feisty little dogs. Most have no idea how small they are. You might want to find a good book on terriers and learn how to train them. Many of the tactics used on regular dogs just won't work on a terrier. Maker sure you do not let her mouth your hands or bite you at all.

Your baby is not going to have control over her bladder until she is around 16 weeks old so you are going to have to keep her near the pee pads all the time until she gets older. Don't let her wander very far from the pads or you will have accidents.

I trained my little girl on puppy pads and later, when she was older, I started taking her out for walks and she just naturally started pottying outside.
When they're born they look like mini Rottweilers and honestly i believe that's what they think they are. As i've seen Yorkies go for police horses, American bulldogs, Staffordshire bull terrier and Bull mastiffs. Even my poor old girl Cleo, my Great Dane, had a scar on her lower lip that she received from a Yorkie which was running wild in the local park.
Challenger1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!