View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
carollyn88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My pup LOVES to eat cat POOP

I am finally getting my Yorkie pup trained to potty outside in our back yard. Thing is, I have a couple of stray cats and my pup has been coming in the house after being outside for a very short time and after about 10 minutes, he will vomit and it smells like the cat used my carpet for the litter box. Then he'll vomit two or three more times and it's just awful! It's a horrific out of this world smell. After some investigation, my husband, figured out the dog is outside eating the cats poop. The cats are pooping around the foundation of my home.

Today, my husband shoveled all the cat poop he could find and raked the leaves to get all the cat poop up. We live in DFW and just had a major ice storm and this hasn't been the most pleasant task. Better than smelling a house full of cat poop though.

We took one of the cats to the shelter, as it was a stray with a healed up broken leg, because she was thought to be the culprit. Well, apparently not. Now we're going to have to round up the other two strays and take them to the shelter too. We constantly have to deal with stray cats in our neighborhood.

One of the newer stray cats is little older than a kitten and is really tame and we were hoping to keep it as a pet, take it to the vet to get neutered, and let him be a play mate for Bandit but we believe Bandit follows him around and finds the poop some how and eats it! Cause it just happened again!!!

At my wits end. Why do dogs eat cat poop? Now do I have to worry about my dog getting worms??

Help, any advice greatly appreciated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!