View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Yorkiemom
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
I am thinking that he's messing with Omar because he is a subordinate, underneath Bentley. If he picked on Peaches like that, she would put Bentley in his place.

I am not sure the best way to correct it though. Is Bentley playing too rough?? Is he excited when he's doing all of the biting??

Have you tried separating him from the pack and giving him a time out in a crate when he bites Omar??

One of the things you can do is teach Bentley the "leave it" command and redirect him to something else. When he is biting at your husbands feet...tell him leave it and get him to take a toy instead and then praise him when he takes the toy. He needs to learn the difference between the appropriate things to play with and chew on(toys) and inappropriate things(feet and the other dogs). If you start with your husbands feet...and he learns the "leave it" command well enough....you should be able to transfer that command to anything...from a piece of food being dropped on the ground to Omar.

I am sure there will be others with some ideas as well...

Thank you theporkieyorkie I think you are on to something because when he tries to mess with the others Peaches does slam him down and stands over him and she pins him down. He does seem to be singling out Omar he's not necessarily excited when he does this though he does start to get excited if you don't become firm with him right a way. Anyway thanks for the tip we will try that and see if it works.

Last edited by Yorkiemom; 12-08-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!