View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I didn't crate train, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:
You said the crate is a "good sized crate" which I take to be big and roomy. I thought when crate training, it is only suppose to be big enough for them, like a comfy cave that was their bed. What I'm guessing is happening is, puppy is confined longer than he can hold it. Having enough room, puppy eliminates in the crate on one side (front or back) and hangs out on the other side of the crate away from the poop. When you get home, puppy gets so excited to see you that he runs back and forth in the crate (cause its roomy) and doesn't notice what he is stepping on.
It sounds like the puppy is being kept in something like a large X-pen. Crate training involves using a small pet-carrier-sized enclosure that has just enough room for comfortable sleeping, with comfortable beddinig and a toy that the puppy won't want to soil. The question is, can the puppy be left in a small crate without access to food, water, and a place to potty for the length of time that the owner is away? I wouldn't do it for more than two hours unattended...
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!