View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
cherry14
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Is this normal? Biting

So, most people here knows Cherry's background, which I'm guessing is contributing to her this issue (not having siblings/mama to correct her). She was doing really well with not biting, and backing off when we squealed.

Well, lately, she's really upped the biting. 99% of the time, she's playing and excited. I tell her no, give her a toy, etc., but that doesn't seem to stop her. Lately she's getting worse, not better.

The aggression...well, I don't really think aggression is the right word. I'm not sure. My other dog Dorrie was NEVER like this, so this is totally new territory. Dorrie has not once touched anyone with her teeth. Even playing. Anyway, just yesterday, Cherry was trying to bite my toes when I was putting my socks on. I firmly told her no, and picked her up and moved her. She kept coming back, and I repeated the process. Finally, she got fed up, and lunged at my hand and bit down pretty hard. It was not a play bite. It was an I'm pissed at you bite.

I don't want her to turn into one of those monster tiny dogs. Help! What else can I do? I feel like I've tried everything that's been suggested before: saying no, loud yip, putting something appropriate in her mouth instead.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!