View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
yogi714
Yorkie Talker

Default Pepcid for yellow bile puking

Hello-first time on this forum. I have a 5 year old Yorkie-poo who is extremely healthy, playful and loveable. The only issue I seem to be having which has started about 9 months ago is Yogi would wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night and throw up numerous times of small piles of Yellow, foamy liquid along with me being able to hear his stomach making what seems to be gassy noises beforehand-never throw up from food but I of course took him to the vet ASAP . They normally would check everything on him, and say hes fine and that its just bile from not eating. Yogi is very attached to me and will sometimes not touch his food until Im home-after he throws up hes completly fine beside being a bit tired and just seeming like his belly isnt feeling well. Finally, the vet reccommended to give him a half of a 10mg Pepcid every night before bed which has worked and his puking has stopped. which is great but Im worried that this will have some kind of affect after giving him that every night. Vet and a second opinion Vet says its completely fine and will do no harm. My apologies for the long note- just curious on anyones opinion on this. Yogi eats Nutro small breed adult and has always been on the same food with no issues. Like I said hes overall healthy and still so active and playful. Any suggesstions? Thanks!!
yogi714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!