Thread: Diarrhea
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
Kv89772p
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thumbs down Diarrhea

Hi everyone, just wanted some advice on what to do with our 9 month old puppy

Tuesday morning Finnigan woke up with diarrhea all over the living room floor around 3 am, we took him outside at 630 and he had a very loose poop as well. I thought it was something just passing through his system so I fed him his normal breakfast at 8 and he had 3 more accidents throughout the day. We waited until 8pm to feed him and gave him boiled chicken and white rice along with pedialyte in his water because he did not drink his normal amount of water all day. Wednesday morning he had 2 accidents very early in the morning with very little coming out, but still accidents. He once again ate his chicken and rice mixed in with a splash of pedialyte and water to keep him hydrated. He pooped once around 1 pm a small amount but still liquid and has not pooped since. He had the same meal for dinner as well. Finnigan did not have any accidents last night & ate his entire breakfast this morning. However no pooping as of 950 am today. The past few days he has been acting his normal self, running around, playing and has kept his daily routine. The vet was not able to give us an appointment until tonight when I called on Tuesday. Should we still take him to the appointment or is the no pooping a good sign that he is okay now?
Thanks
Kv89772p is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!