View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

It can sadly but simply be genetics. Products can help, so can good quality food, adding omega 3's as a supplement. I give my guys unsalted sardines from Trader Joe's (1-2 x's a week) & Beams from the honest kitchen, they're dehydrated catfish skins (once a week b4 bath time).
Princess had very scraggly hair, I tried growing it one time & it would break off @ the ends, never reached the floor. I brush it, 5 mins later she looked like a mop! IMG_3951.jpg She has very thin hair that doesn't tangle. Sometimes she leaves klumps of hair on my bedding, almost like she's shedding. She has enviro allergies & I stopped giving them chicken & her hair has greatly improved. She has winter nose in this pic & also lost a lot of hair on her nose. She even got thyroid tested & skin scraped multiple x's w/cytology but it always came back as bacterial, things they can get from plain grass (says vet). I've been keeping her in a puppy cut. Now her hair has greatly improved, no more shedding so we'll be growing it again this winter.
Like Kristin mentioned, a good conditioner is a must, esp during the winter months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
When my Max was a puppy, he looked like the Muppet's Animal most of the time :

Attachment 394510

What products are you using? There are many things that can affect the hair: products, weather, water quality. We are fighting dry hair here right now.

It might be that you just need a good conditioner.
I don't think I've ever seen Max's puppy pic, he was so cute! His hair doesn't look too bad either...you exaggerate.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!