View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
WannaBe
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry14 View Post
Well, this photo, the focus looks better on his nose than his eyes. Which is why his nose looks bigger. The focus isn't too bad, though. And I promise, it gets easier!

Are you using your DSLR in full auto? Meaning, are you just clicking to take the photo? Or are you manually adjusting anything?

If you are using it in full auto, I would recommend to start with at least selecting the focus point. This is still auto-focus (which I prefer), but you select which focus point to use and then can quickly adjust the frame to where your focus point is on her eyes, and snap the photo.

I am a photographer, so please feel free to ask any questions, or to clarify something that was confusing.

Also, I do suggest that you keep your camera on autofocus (I only manually focus when using a macro lens) and learn the basics of adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. Your photos will improve tremendously. I'd be more than happy to give you some starter resources, too.
And after looking again at the photo, I realize the focus is more on his nose than his eyes. I wear glasses, but my eyesight is still very bad (I have detached retinas in both eyes), so I am limited on what I see.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!