View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Vera Neves
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default yorkie female mounting question

Dear All - I have a 3-year old female yorkie who's very balanced around dogs (regardless of size) and people. She also gets a lot of activity, like agility, tricks and obedience. I have recently added a border collie female puppy to our family. I introduced them on neutral territory, they got along well. The puppy was 2-months old and now is 4-months old. My Yorkie was not very pleased when she realized the puppy was staying with us for life. But I think she's been adapting to her over the last 2 months.

Anyway, she does not like to play that much with the puppy as she does not like rough play and the puppy is larger. The puppy soon realized this as leaves my Yorkie alone most of the time. However, my Yorkie likes to approach the puppy when she is playing by herself and kind of tries to mount her head.... I say 'kind of' because she does not hump the puppy's head, but instead sort of stays there with her leg lifted over her muzzle waiting for the puppy to sniff or lick.. I'm not sure!

Have any of you seen this behaviour in your dogs? My Yorkie does not mount people or dogs, however when she was younger she used to approach my foot under the table and sort of stayed there in mounting position and if I didn't remove my foot she would hump it. I have discouraged it over time and she stopped doing it.

Thanks!
Vera Neves is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!