Thread: OTC Medication
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
veggienut
YT 500 Club Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
I would only use Natural tears type products, and ones with the least amount of additives/preservatives in them. Some dogs are sensitive to some things, so watch to see how your dog reacts when you put anything on him.

You can use treats to reward good behavior during the bath. Always remain calm and reassuring, and gentle. Avoid getting water in the ears as it can be painful. If the bath doesn't go perfectly, that's fine, you get another chance next time. Practice manipulating him in between baths, like holding him and touching head, face , feet and legs and tail. (Like a dry bath). Do a massage when lathering (mine love that and will stand all day long). Allow him time to learn and to trust you. Once you gain their trust, they'll let you do just about anything!

And when he is being good, be sure to tell him (Good Boy! / What a Good Boy!) so he can learn what you want him to do.

The Vet is the one that suggested me to use OTC drops, but my friend says, "no". So who is correct~? Can it cause issues later in life~? My dog is fine with me touch him anywhere, and I do constantly tell him he's a good boy. Only bath time is when I have issues with him like you wouldn't believe~!
veggienut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!