Thread: OTC Medication
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Thanks for the info I do have issues every time I bathe him. It is when I start rinsing and he doesn't want his head touched or maybe he's afraid. I use wash cloths but it doesn't seem to rinse well. I tried turning down the sprayer very low to cups of water. I hold on to him as tight as I can and no matter what he's tough and wiggles so much I get a bath, the floors and walls too. Anyways, my point is....is the OTC eye drops not good for a dog~?
I would only use Natural tears type products, and ones with the least amount of additives/preservatives in them. Some dogs are sensitive to some things, so watch to see how your dog reacts when you put anything on him.

You can use treats to reward good behavior during the bath. Always remain calm and reassuring, and gentle. Avoid getting water in the ears as it can be painful. If the bath doesn't go perfectly, that's fine, you get another chance next time. Practice manipulating him in between baths, like holding him and touching head, face , feet and legs and tail. (Like a dry bath). Do a massage when lathering (mine love that and will stand all day long). Allow him time to learn and to trust you. Once you gain their trust, they'll let you do just about anything!

And when he is being good, be sure to tell him (Good Boy! / What a Good Boy!) so he can learn what you want him to do.

Last edited by kjc; 11-29-2013 at 05:54 PM.
kjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!