View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
Singingtiger
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipyap View Post
Well, his name was supposed to be "Toffee", but over the first few months, it morphed into Taffy. Ha! A lot of other doggie owners thought "Taffy" was a girl's name, so I tried getting 'blue' sweaters & leashes, and black jackets. Jackets with grey sweatshirt hoodies. I could see people's faces...and they would be trying to figure out "Is this a male or a female?" So, I tried to let them know as soon as I could work it in to our conversation. I've shortened Taffy to "Taff" sometimes, which has worked wonders in the comprehension that "This is a boy!" People are so sweet, they seem to feel really uncomfortable that they've miss-sexed Taffy! It seems,very important to them to correct referrals to him as a he & not she. Cute!
Lol! I had a cat named Taffy. When we got it we thought it was a she, come to find out, it was a boy. He was just a boy with a sissy name! he was the sweetest cat, he lived inside and so therefore he lived to be 16 years old. When we had him put to sleep, he had become completely blind and never really adapted to it.
When I named Cricket, I was worried that it would sound like a boy's name. But I have gotten used to it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!