View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Mamruszek
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Yorkie with liver shunt

Hi,
About month or two my yorkie pup started to act very weird. One night after throwing up she started shaking and couldn't walk. We took her to emergency room. After her blood work our vet told us that she has liver shunt. He give us lactulose and told us to give it when she's going to have symptoms again. About two weeks after I noticed her head shaking a little so I treat her with medicine for 3 day 3 times per day. Besides diarrhea she didn't have any other symptoms. Today I noticed she's shaking a lot so I give her medicine. She was running around a lot but you could see that she's not herself. Now after two hours of constant running and falling she's resting. I didn't go to vet because it was closed already. But the last time he told me to just look at her. I didn't have any idea she's supposed to have a special died. All I'm feeding her is blue dry food and can from fresh pet(shop rite fridge). I have no idea what to do how to help her when her symptoms come again and especially what to feed her. I'm looking for help. What are her chances to live long and health live? What kind of died she should have? Are they any medication she should have? She is 6months now. I probably made very big mistake by breeding her mom with another yotkie. Jasmine ( mommy) had 3 puppies and Bella was the third one out of the litter. During her first 2 months after feeding she almost every time threw up. Vet told us that's because she's eating to fast. Other two puppies are healthy. Please if you can provide me with information I should know.
Mamruszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!