View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneysmommmy View Post
The vet just put Anna on Hill's Diet Metabolic. She's been on it for around 2 weeks. She was 7 pounds 12 ounces at the vet's. She's now 7 pounds 3 ounces. The vet says she needs to be around 5 pounds. Her activity level is much better. I was reluctant to use Hill's, but I will probably leave her on it long term and adjust the amount she gets. We've noticed that she's not as itchy now. Our other dog, Barney, prefers it to his food, natural choice. I just make sure that he gets enough to keep him from losing weight. It's the first time that he's eagerly eaten his dry food since we got him. I am not sure if dogs have to be obese to have it, but Anna definitely was/is. I am excited to see her losing weight and becoming more active.

I have two pups who have been on diet foods off and on over the past three years. As soon as I put them on regular food, they put the weight back on. Interestingly, they are siblings...I am sure it is genetic and their metabolism.

I have spoken with three different people who gave the Hill's Metabolic food rave reviews. Their pups loved it and lost weight. So....I am trying it. Hill's had coupons where you get a free bag, two free cans and a free bag of treats. Not bad for a start...I did not ask how much it is after; but if it works and they are happy with the amount of food, it will be a winner. Starting the two of them on it tomorrow. My only other idea was to home cook but I already do for two and just did not want to take it on right now for these two. I have found that with home cooking the diet is made exactly to their needs and they don't lose or gain weight.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!