View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
I will probably be boiling chicken to take with me. I will also cook rice and green beans and have a jar or two of baby food on hand. My boys are already going to have upset tummy's from traveling so I am definitely not going to make it any worse by adding "human cooked" food to it. I'd prefer them JUST to eat their regular dog food, but they never eat it well on trips so i have to come with an arsenal of back-up food to get them to eat something.

I had no idea that turkey was bad for them. The boys eat Wellness canned Turkey and Sweet Potato(which I just found can cause Pancreatitis as well) and I've fed them turkey baby food.

I have to be very careful when I bring my dogs around my family because
everyone overfeeds them. My mom puts out huge plates of meat for her yorkies, and it shows in their waistline...and my step mom and dad are used to bigger dogs that can eat a lot more.

The first time I got my little guy, he got overfed at my moms and he literally had the runs for a week. It was horrible!! Now that my older dog has digestive issues, everyone pretty much knows that they can't feed the boys...but it used to be a big problem. I think a lot of people underestimate how sensitive their little systems are.

!
I think the dark meat is the culprit, as well as turkeys injected with hormones and whatever else. I think it's best to not venture off from the norm to prevent issues.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!