View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
katy-yorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninmilwaukee View Post
I don't think the issue is the time he's in the laundry room. It's typically 9 hours during the work day but he goes out right before I leave for work and right away when I get home. We've never had an accident or anything in the laundry room so I'm not too concerned about it. Mason doesn't seem to be showing any signs on malcontent with his during-the-workday set-up.

He has plenty of toys and things to chew on. We also play a lot of vigorous fetch. He gets a lot of activity and love

The issue that I'm having is when we're just hanging out at home in the family room, he'll sneak off when he has a chance (Say when I go to the kitchen or something), and go to the bathroom in the corner of the family room without giving us any indication that he has to go or anything. He does whine sometimes, but not always.

Does anyone have any advice on the procedure to teach a yorkie to notify us with a bell?

Thanks!
When Buster was very young (before we got the dog door), we trained him to notify us with a bell. That worked ok for a while but then he started ringing the bell to go out to play, to potty, etc. We never knew when he had to potty or just wanted to go out. We spent a lot of time outside without him needing to go potty, the bell didn't work too well for us. Although it is cute to see them go to the door and ring the bell, then turn around and look for you, almost timing you to see how long it takes you to let him out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!