View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Glad to know someone else likes avocado smoothies! It's a Viet staple and the first time I heard it I was like whaaa?

I make fruit/veggie smoothies every morning with my Vitamix. It makes them so smooth and airy. We went through 4 blenders (one a month) before making the splurge on the VM. We also freeze fruits that spoil quickly like strawberries in place of ice. I pretty much just use whatever is in season. In season stuff will always taste the best have most nutrition, plus cheaper!

I like to put in Fage greek yogurt, the full fat. Lately I have pomegranates that I've pre seeded in a container and throw a handful in. But usually will have banana, kiwi, watermelon, tomato, carrot, kale, strawberry. If in season, blueberry, pineapple, mango.

Toto used to hate all the blenders. Once we got the VM he stopped barking when I blended. The sound is more smooth. Plus after I'm done, he gets to lick the tamper.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!