View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

I have found another girl with a yorkie down at our local dog park, and we set up playdates for them. We let them run and get their zoomies out eventually :-) its nice too, to have a nice conversation with a friend while letting Gizmo have his fun exerting his energy. I would say maybe watch at your different dog parks for another yorkie owner, that maybe you could make friends with, so she could have play dates to get rid of all that pent up energy? It's really paid off for my Gizmo in a huge way. It's also helped me after he's tired out to teach him new commands, as he is more willing to listen and focus once he is tired. He now lays down on command, and it took me teaching him that one after he was tired out lol, but now that he knows the command, he is more willing to obey it at all times. His little yorkie girlfriend has been a life saver for me in training him :-) her name is cookie and she is also a rescue. What is funny is cookies owner said that cookie did not like playing with other dogs, but I guess yorkes have a thing for each other, because cookie just loves playing with my Gizmo xoxo.
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!