View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Magnus calmed down a lot after we got Zoey... He was about a year old. But he still had a lot of energy but really started calming down after he turned 2.

Some dogs just have a lot more energy than others. Have you thought about maybe trying activities like Earth Dog? Rather than just walking and play, incorporating a task/job for her would satisfy her "psychological" needs?

If you google "how to calm hyper dogs", I think you'd find some methods on what you can try out. I hope you find something that works for you and your furbutt.
I have never heard of Earth Dog. What is it? I have to be really careful with her around where I live, too many big, nasty dogs. I actually have found a safe place to take her and let her off leash in another city where my relatives live. There is a beautiful series of different kinds of fields in a park that was just re-done. One of the fields is a baseball field and it has quite a large batting cage that is fenced in on 3 sides and has a gate you can close off the rest of it. I have taken her there with her balls that she chases. It isn't as large as my friend's yard that I take her to a couple of times a month, but it at least, allows her to run around off leash.

I can only take her to these places on the weekends because, of course, it is not getting into winter and it is totally cold and dark when I get home from work. I am actually going to take her to the batting cage today. Just waiting for it to warm up a little so I don't have to bog her down with too many layers of clothing. I either put 2 sweaters on her or a sweater and one of her jackets. She looks like a little stuffed sausage with legs!!
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!