View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinee View Post
I still go to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving. Nothing beats her menu. That reminds me, I need to call and find out what dish she wants me to bring this year.
I dont think anything is ever as good as "mommas" cooking....I do everything the exact same way my momma did, and I really do not enjoy any other style! I hate the taste of sage, so momma never used it in her dressing...I do not like dressingsa with sage in it. Momma and her momma and family were all from Abbeyville La....so we have eaten Cajun cooking all our lives.....with some adjustments....like rice dressing...momma never used liver in her rice dressing or dirty rice, because I hate liver of any kind, prepped in any way! So I dont use liver in our rice dressing....I just can not wait to sit down to all this wonderful food....I cook a HUGE pot of cornbread dressing and then we seal servings up in my Food Saver and eat on it all year long, plus send a bunch back with my brother.......we just had our last years Christmas cornbread dressing about 6 weeks ago...tasted just as good as if it was just made......I wish I could get the rice dressing to freeze...the texture of the rice changes and it is HORRIBLE!!! But the best investment I ever made is that Food Saver!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!