Thread: Dog Parks.....
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
JuliannaB
YT 500 Club Member

IMHO I don't really like dog parks, and thus don't go to any. The reason is - I have no control of what other dogs will do, let alone who trained them, nor do I know if all their vaccinations are up to date. Another reason is that Bailey is only 7.5 lbs (pretty good size for a Yorkie I know) and it would take such a short amount of time to injure him... and it might be fatal at that. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything happened to him there. I walk a long a spot where many dog owners are and dogs are required to be leashed. Many are leashed but not all. Bailey has been bitten a couple of times there meeting dogs. Thankfully nothing to break his skin but this has made me a lot more cautious when around leashed/unleashed dogs. Typically I pick him up when I see a larger dog, until we pass them, and keep a keen eye on both dogs body language if they are Bailey's size. I don't care what people think of me picking Bailey up, as they are not the ones going to pay the vet bills, nor are they the ones who are going to be heartbroken if it is something fatal.
JuliannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!