View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I sort of agree. I almost never or never say it will be fine. That is not a promise I can make. But if there is enough tartar and the dog is healthy, the benefits outweigh the risks.
Been there, done that, dont like the benefit/risk ratio.....even moderate tartar build up versus risk of loosing my senior....especially if there is not a SEVERE case of peridontal disease.....this is not a risk/benefit ratio I even argue with myself over. I like the "pulse therapy" antiobiotic prophylactic therapy better. The little girl that I lost would have lived an additional 3-6 years with no terminal effects from the tartar build up on her teeth. Very worse case, she MAY have lost a couple of molars.... If I had only known about the antibiotic therapy......it is a much better option for me. That little lady was the LAST dog I have ever lost due to a tooth/tartar related occurance.....severe grade 4+ peridontal disease, loose and falling teeth, inflamed bleeding gums, that is a different story......but tartar removal for my seniors? No......

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 11-15-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!