View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
The last time I got on here and told a lady that was VERY anxious about having her little dog spayed/neutered (I really cant remember which it was), Oh dont worry, healthy young dog, good vet, no problem....pup will be fine, they do this all the time, blah, blah, blah.....and that baby DIED on the table. I was as devastated as the owner of that pup was.....I swore I would NEVER again encourage people that are scared to death to have a surgical procedure done, "go ahead, they will be just fine". It will be "just fine" for ME....I dont have a dog in that fight, and if the pup dies, "so sorry, usually doesnt happen, praying for you, etc"....but it leaves the person that lost their baby, devastated. All I can say is what I personally do....I have HAD a senior lady die during a dental, years ago, competent vet, Iso anesthesia, pre op work/ekg/etc.....I do not do dentals on my dogs over 10 years old. I opt for Clindy-Drops, prophylactically. Has worked perfectly for me and my dogs.
I sort of agree. I almost never or never say it will be fine. That is not a promise I can make. But if there is enough tartar and the dog is healthy, the benefits outweigh the risks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!