View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icachia View Post
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Came across it whilst looking for help. So...yesterday i woke up to a nightmare. My 14 year old yorkie had a stroke. Luckily the vet said she should make it through it. He gave me all the things I need to help her get through it, medicines and all. The main apparent thing is that her head is tilted to the right and she can't move it.

See, my problem is that my dog is getting very frustrated. She wouldn't let us touch her at times. Sometimes she's calm but others she growling away. The doctor told me that it's normal frustration since she can't do many things.

My question to you guys as fellow yorkie owners is...what zcan I do to calm her down? I want to give her the TLC she deserves!!
First of all welcome to YT> This sounds like it happened very recently. Is there a pain killer in the medicines your doc prescribed? Torticollis, or wry neck is very painfull in humans. It is like having a Charley horse in your leg for hours at a time!

I would work with her when she is calm. Soft and soothing massage like motions for her neck spine, well essentially her whole body.

Has your vet any suggestions to help ease her discomfort? Has he/she, mentioned hydrotherapy or water therapy at all?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!