View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thmuse View Post
I'm saying I *personally* didn't notice any symptoms, including muscle mass loss, until she started lifting up that leg. It was not palpable to me or I would have brought her to the vet sooner, obviously. She's very small at 2.67 pounds, so maybe that's why I never felt it. But it was definitely clear on the X-ray

But no, she wasn't symptom free *because* she lost muscle mass. It's more that because she seemed symptom free to me, I didn't know there was an issue soon enough and it went on so long the muscle mass was lost

Yes, that is what he explained to me what the surgery would entail.

Thank you all again for your feedback!

Let us know how it goes! Now I understand, don't beat yourself up. It happens to each one of us, that we fail to notice something. She is very tiney and it would be hard to notice I think any difference in muscle mass.

I also hope her re-hab goes well. This board is very great for support, and also information. Many members here have had dogs that had FHO successful surgery. And even though that is not what your dog is having, rehab might be very similar.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!