View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #15
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
I don't know if a replacement pup is standard practice, but I've heard of breeders offering this as a solution when things go bad.

I am sure a lot of the breeders know that most people are not going to want to give their pup back...I am sure some of them are betting on this and it's a way to dump a dog and wiggle out of paying for it's problems. Besides..why would you want another dog out of the same litter with the same chance of the problems. It seems like a fairer way to go about it would be to offer replacement as an option, with the other option being to pay all or some of the vet bills or refund some or all of the money spent on the purchase of the pup.If the breeder gets the dog back, they are going to have to pay for the vet bills anyways!!

Being that this person is involved in a breed club and showing in AKC, I wonder if there is any place you can report the breeder to...Maybe the YTCA or AKC itself?!?

I know there's not as much you can do about BYB's or puppymills to effect them(other than try to shut them down), but I would think that someone like this breeder, who is involved, would care a lot about their reputation within the show/breeding community. Your name means a lot and I am sure it can make you or break you at times.
With each of my 3 girls, my breeders offered me a full refund, and I could still keep my puppy, and if she died, they would give me another puppy.

Each one, stressed the importance of my letting them know, if anything was wrong, because they didn't want to reproduce a health problem.

But with many of todays breeders, a replacement puppy seems to be standard practice.

Judy Marksbury told me, on the phone, that even though her contract stated that she didn't pay Vet bills, she would do so. Ha!

And because I'd had such great breeders, and she is the President of the Ohio Valley Yorkshire Terrier Club of Kentucky-I was naive, and trusted her word.

I contacted AKC, and they told me to file a complaint in writing, including the breeders name, address, and phone number, and include all of my puppy's test results.

I don't know if they'll do anything, but if they don't do anything, word of mouth is going to destroy her.

I intend to do a Blog on my google account, and on my Facebook account, and make them public.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!