View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
Wow...that's sad because on paper, she looks like she could be a good breeder.

Did you find out about the bate and switch before or after you'd already purchased the puppy??

Did you get the pup with a health guarantee and/ or did she say she does health test her breeding stock?

Have you contacted her to tell her about all of the health issues the pup has? If so, what was her response??

PS.... If the pups got this many problems at this young of an age, you may want to think about picking up pet insurance. I'll pray for this little guy~~ I am glad he's in good hands with you and your getting him the care he needs!! If he was with the breeder or had went to a family who didn't care or couldn't afford his vet bills, who knows what would have happened to him. You are saving this little guys life!!
Yes, when I researched her, before I contacted her, she seemed to be a good breeder.

I didn't find out about the bate & switch, until my husband e-mailed her, and asked her about the name gustos mom on the picture she sent me, stating she is the Dam to the puppies.

On her contract, there was one name, for Dam: Treasure, so my husband asked her, "gustos moms" name is Treasure, right?

And she sent him a reply with a and said, "No, it is Treasure".

He told her that she sent us a picture of gustos mom, etc. and she said, "Basically, you're calling me a liar". So, he forwarded her the e-mail.

She and I exchanged many e-mails after we brought Max home. She said she had no idea that he had a problem with his eye.

Claimed yeast infections are common because of all the hair. I beg to differ-each of my 3 Yorkies came from wonderful Show breeders over 30 years, and not one of my girls didn't have the hair removed from their ears.
And her health guarantee is a replacement pup.

I definitely told her about the diagnosis of Congenital Lacrimal Gland Aplasia, and she said she had never heard of it.

She offered us the remaining female in the litter, but when my husband asked her if she'd had the puppy's eyes checked, ears checked for yeast infections, and if she'd had her checked for Giardia-she never responded.

I e-mailed her yesterday, and she will only give us the female, and she will take Max back.

Returning this sweet little boy to her is not an option. She allowed him to suffer.

Thank you for you very kind words. We are going to do everything possible to help him keep his eye-sight.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!