View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
SpiritandMizzy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Yes, both girls are spayed and micro chipped.

Mizzy will "protect" our daughter from Spirit when they are playing but she has never bitten Spirit before over it. She just bucks up to her to make her leave my daughter alone.

On another note, today my mom took Mizzy in to the vet for bloodwork so they could check her thyroid. While they were there they checked her over really good and discovered she has a 102.7 temperature and she has a hemangioma(?) on her neck under her collar. The vet seems to think maybe Spirit did actually bite her and that's what led to the altercation. Unfortunately, we have no true way of knowing because my wife and I were upstairs cleaning up the bathroom when the altercation occurred. My daughter did say that Spirit was just laying on the couch when Mizzy bit her leg, so I really don't think she would lie about that. Especially seeing how upset she has been all week over them being separated. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers! We are still planning on taking them tonight for their training. Unfortunately for us they will be gone from us for 10-14 days so we will have to rely on the trainer to do her thing and take plenty of pics and video. Fortunately the trainer only lives about 10-15 mins away from us so we can stop and visit she said if we want to. Probably best not to so they get the full jist of their training, but having both our babies gone that long may just hurt more than we can stand. I never was much of an animal person until we got Spirit, and now I have a soft spot for ALL animals! I love these 2 dogs!!
SpiritandMizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!