View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #5
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

If she has recently lost her vision she may still be adjusting to the change. Most blind dogs do very well as long as they are in a familiar environment. I have known dogs that live in houses and apartments with steps and have done well with them.

Apparently she was very accustomed to sleeping on the couch. These little dogs know where the comfort is. My Gracie will sit in the dog bed only momentarily, like when she is waiting for me to return from the bathroom or something but when she is doing some serious sleeping she is either on my bed or the furniture in the living room. I guess being up off away from the drafty hard floor is important to her. Little dogs feel even the slightest change in temperature and warm air rises.

Maybe you could return her steps and work with her on getting up and down on them again. It could be she just had a gastrointestinal issue that day and could not get up fast enough. You could throw a blanket over the couch to protect if from any further accidents. I really think she will do well once she adjusts a little more to her new situation.

Other than that you might consider getting her one of those snuggle or cuddle sacks they make for little dogs. They are thick, fluffy bag like beds that the dog can climb into and snuggle up. You could put it in her dog bed and she could snuggle up and have a soft, warm bed, however, I think she is only going to be comforted by having her couch back.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!