View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
SpiritandMizzy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Member, Need Help, Kinda Long...Sorry

We have two, 2 year old female yorkies. We got Spirit in December 2011 and we actually adopted Mizzy in July 2013. Up until this past Sunday they got along good with each other, with the exception of the occasional rough housing and mouthing each other. Both of these dogs are very spoiled, they are more than dogs, they are part of our family. Sadly on Sunday, after bathing each one of them separately, Mizzy was first then Spirit. After they got all cleaned up and somewhat dry they went downstairs with our 10 year old daughter and Mizzy bit Spirit pretty hard on the leg and brought a good amount of blood. So we separated them for about an hour. When they were in the same room together again Mizzy immediately pounced on Spirit and bit her ear and wouldn't let go. She didn't chew or continue to bite, just bit and held on until we could get them apart. So, now they are completely separated in different households. My mom has Mizzy and we have Spirit. This is simply because we didn't want them trying to bite each again until we could get some help. And, Mizzy is easier to manage for my Mom than Spirit. Mizzy is 10 days younger than Spirit but she seems way more mature. They are not from the same litter or even the same breeder. Spirit was actually a singleton puppy and we don't have the original paperwork for Mizzy because we adopted her from an animal shelter. Neither of these dogs have ever shown aggressiveness towards a human, ever. And up until Sunday they got along great. I even have a pic of them from earlier in the day Sunday laying on a blanket with my wife and both of them are almost asleep. So needless to say this week has been very hard on all of us. Our dogs are not both home with us like we want and they don't understand what each of them did. So we have called what seems like every single trainer in the state of North Carolina and finally have an appointment tomorrow evening to take them for an obedience boot camp as well as work on the aggression. I just wondered if you guys have any insight on this situation? We love our girls and not having both of them at home with us is making our lives miserable. I appreciate any and all help you guys may have. Thank you and God Bless!
SpiritandMizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!