View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
barneysmommmy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I left Anna with the vet and now I feel terrible

Anna has become increasingly aggressive. She has had a few other odd issues. Her weight has nearly doubled from the time the shelter got her in early May (4.5 pounds) to now (almost 8 pounds). Her hair is very dry and brittle and she is always itchy. I asked the vet about doing blood work to see if she has something else going on that could be attributing to her aggression. He agreed and was shocked at her weight gain when I took her in. But here's the bad part. She wouldn't let them draw blood. She struggled so hard that they couldn't get a good sample. So they decided to sedate her and keep her overnight. I feel just terrible. Her eyes looked at me in shock. I came home without her and my husband went berserk. After her terrible first six years and then I go and leave her with strangers. He kissed me bye to leave for ballgame duty and it was the first time since the end of May that he hasn't been snapped at for that. We both nearly cried. What have I done!!!! I want to go back and insist on getting her, but at the same time I really want to know if she has an underlying condition causing some of these issues. I just wish this night would hurry and get over with. I hope I did the right thing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!