View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
kirbybirby
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 A few questions regarding my puppies health...

I figured instead of started a bunch of new threads I'd ask all my questions in one thread...

I have a 10 month old puppy, Miss M. She is very healthy to my knowledge. Going for her one year check up in Jan. Here are my questions

The breeder I got her from is a trusted friend (my mom has known her since high school) and is not just a breeder of yorkies. I do know she genuinely cares about her pups and will not let them go to just any home. But my concern is that she smokes right around her puppies. I don't know if she smokes around them when they are FIRST born but when I was visiting my puppy during the 8 weeks she smoked every time I was there and right around the liter of pups. Every week. I am a non smoker and cannot stand the smell. I just can't imagine what it's like for the puppies. My question is, is it a major health concern? Because down the road I would like another puppy. Either for my mom or for me. And as much as I hate to go to another breeder I may have to. Do any of you know if smoking around puppies/newborn puppies is REALLY bad? My puppy has yet to have any problems that would be related to the smoking. Which brings me to my next question...

My puppy shakes almost all the time. Whether she is cold or not. I don't think it is related to sugar levels because she usually only does it while in the car (even though she settles down after a while), when I hold her sometimes, and when people raise their voice around her. Sometimes it really is because she's cold so we keep a sweater on her 99.9% of the time since she is a small little pup (just under 5lbs). Should I be worried enough to take her to the vet before the yearly check up?

One more question, I have to feed her wet food at least once a day. She will eat her dry food if there is no wet food available but she won't eat much of it. That's why I give her the wet food and also because of her size. Was just wondering if it's normal and if it will be like that forever.

No, this isn't my first Yorkie it may seem that way due to all the questions but I am just a new mother and love my puppy very much. My last Yorkie I had since I was very little so I never really had to directly take care of her (pay for anything for her, be concerned about whatever) so I just wanted to know if I should take her to the vet now or not. New mother syndrome I guess you could say.
kirbybirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!