Old 11-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default It was no Circovirus after all

Saw this on another forum.

From AVMA

Quote:
A recently discovered circovirus is no longer suspected as a cause of illnesses and deaths among dogs in Ohio.

And to rectify some lousy information being spread by Dogs Naturally magazine
Pox on Dogs Naturally Magazine | Science of Dogs

Quote:
This is a complete and total lie. There is simply no evidence to suggest canine circovirus emerged because of vaccinations. The author also is self-refuting, the previous sentence read that “most” of them are “spread from animals to man.” If “most” are zoonotic then the likely (i.e. most probable) cause is not vaccines. And of course, we now know that canine circovirus wasn’t to blame for the deaths in Ohio.

Quote:
Dogs Naturally Magazine is mindlessly parroting the narrative popularized by Edward Hooper in the 1999 book, “The River: A Journey to the Source of HIV and AIDS”; this idea was refuted soon after the book came out. There is no link between HIV and polio vaccine and we’ve known this for 13 years ago (Hills 2000). In the same year Korber published work that placed the date of divergence between 1915 and 1941. The current estimate for the most common recent ancestor is 1884-1924 (Worobey 2008).
I don’t know what powers Dogs Naturally Magazine attributes to the polio vaccine, but when they add TIME TRAVEL? That’s the craziest f#?king thing I’ve ever heard.

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!