View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhep91 View Post
Hi I am a first time yorkie owner. My aunt has a toy and me and my wife have been wanting one for a while. We got a 3 year old yorkie from a man who used to breed them and he had at least 15 yorkies. He is a male, and unlike my aunts yorkie ours is very skidish around us not letting us pet him or pick him up. Also he isnt eating very much. I am currently trying to house train him and he has had a few accidents but seems to be getting a little better. Any advice on house training tips or how to make him more comfortable with us would be appreciated. We also have 2 black labs who he doesnt seem to like very much but they want to play with him.

thanks
Awwww, thank you for rescuing your little boy!!

Firstly, has he been neutered? That could make him feel extremely frisky!!! Especially if that has been his 'job' in life He's probably feeling all over the place....he doesn't know where he really is at the moment, doesn't know what's expected of him?

It's just time, patience and diligence at the moment, potty-training-wise....it sounds like you're getting there....just give it a while (+ he'll eventually get to LOVE your labs....mine did!!! ) Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!