Thread: spay or no
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #14
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDPiper View Post
I agree and if you have a habit of leaving your dog unattended, you should probably never keep an intact animal. I consider myself a responsible pet owner and would be especially diligent during a heat cycle because I absolutely do NOT want pups.

Most of the research I have done about the pros and cons of spaying, all of the pros are almost identical, word for word, on almost every pro spaying site and usually with nothing scientific to back it up.
There are many many scientific reasons to spay. The one I know most is mammary cancer when they are spayed before there first heat they have a 0.05% chance of developing it! spayed after first heat they have an 8% chance then after the second heat it raises to 26% and so on. I am positive there is more scientific research. There is an infection that can happen that if your dog gets it they have 24 hours and if you don't realize it and get them treatment for it soon enough your dog dies this infection only happens in un spayed females. Then there is the fact if you ever have to board your dog or have some one else watch them what happens if they go into heat while your gone and the boarder or babysitter is not careful and you end up with a pregnancy when you have done no health testing on your dogs or know there lines so you are putting your dog in danger because pregnancy in even the healthiest females can be dangerous but your bring puppies into this world that could later have genetic issues pop up of just be sick and suffer there whole lives. Also if your female dies you are stuck feeding puppies every 2 hours for at least 6 weeks. Then there is the fact that Yorkies are high on the stolen list and there are people who will watch you see you have a Yorkie and break into your house and steal your dog then when they find out it's not fixed bingo they hit the jackpot and it's worth a lot more money and could be sold to a puppy mill and or back yard breeder putting your dog in a life of hell.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!