Thread: spay or no
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Didn't read the link because I feel its foolishness. It would be a much worse for a 3 pound dog to get pregnant then to be spayed. Millions of dogs are spayed and many of them live long health lives. Can you imagine if people stopped spaying how many more millions of dogs we would be killing every year in shelters and how many unhealthy dogs and pups we would have.
True it would be terrible for any dog to become pregnant by an owner who wasn't responsible or ready for the commitment of having a (un)planned litter. I don't think the article was foolish(my opinion) it just gave a different viewpoint than what the vast majority seems to have on spay/neutering. For every positive of an issue there will always be a negative. I can honestly say I know plenty of responsible owners who have intact pets and have never had a litter or contributed to the number of unhealthy dogs/strays/or shelter animals. The one's who are irresponsible give a bad rep to the ones who are responsible. Spaying/neutering is your choice as a pet owner(unless you rescue from a shelter or have a spay/neuter contract). Whether or not you do it doesn't mean you're contributing to shelter overpopulation.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!