View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
ferretgrl05
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Bordatella reaction??????

Hello all!
Monday morning both my girls were happy and playful. That aftrnoon i had a vet appointment for them to get a bordatella vaccine because in two weeks i am going on a vacation and am forced to board them because where my family is staying does not allow dogs (Even if they are just 7 lbs little babies.) Well anyway i was surprised to see that the vaccine was given orally. They have always gotten a shot when i had to get bordatella done.
Tuesday morning i wake up and all seemed fine though i did catch my younger yorkie Sony chewing on a palm leaf off of my dracaena marginata plant. I immediately got it away from her. She hadn't appeared to chew any pieces off but it was very slobbery.
Upon arriving home from work i walk into my baby's room and there is a pile of squishy poo and a vomit. I took them outside to go potty and then i came back in and cleaned up the mess. While i was cleaning up the mess, Sony was making a spotted trail of little bits of diarrhea that went across my entire living room. I clean that up and i call the vet asking if she could be having a reaction to the vaccine. Also i brought up the plant which they researched for me. They were skeptical it was the vaccine (of course). THey said the plant could cause vomiting and diarrhea. Anyway the vet tells me to give her some kao pectate and pedialyte.
I wake up yesterday morning at 6:30 to Stella profusely barking. Stella usually sleeps in till we get up at 7:15-7:30. I hop up to see what is wrong and there is diarrhea everywhere!!! and Stella was walking all in it. I immediately get the girls out and take them outside to potty. Sony poops some more. I clean up the mess and at 7:30 when the office opened i call them. They said that they could take me in at 8.
This vetrinary office has numerous vets. There are only two vets that i like and of course neither are available. So i am forced to see a vet i didn't know and i wasn't impressed. They did a parvo test (my dogs are vaccinated but they wanted to be sure) and it came back negative thank goodness. Afterward, instead of running any other tests he just sent me home with some flagyll, some cerenia, and and another pill that is supposed to help with the diarrhea. Not to mention this unsatisfactory trip cost me $192.00.
Today Stella is playing more but still not 100% and Sony is still being pretty lazy but somewhat attempting to play. No more diarrhea. Sony hasn't pooped since yesterday morning's episode. Not as much progress as i would like. IF she isn't considerably more improved by tomorrow i may have to take her back to the vet (one i like and trust this time.) My husband will kill me. In the mean time, i have been feeding them their kibble softened and some plain greek yogurt and other easily digested things. i also ordered some fortiflora which should be here soon.
Anyone ever had anything like this happen before? I just want my babies to be healthy and happy.
ferretgrl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!