View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey Zandaya View Post
Don't know anything about your problem, sorry, but I feel the need to heads up on the free running too. Especially in large open area. Watch out for Ariel predators, HAWKS. They can swoop down in a second and get your precious fur baby.
My Zoey likes to run too. This is what I do. Get two people and have her run back and forth between the two of you, she gets so stoked up she runs like a banshee. Or throw something back and forth.
OR get a kid to run with them . They are the only ones who can keep up with them and they love it. And can you stay out of the grass .? We have a huge parking lot at our school nearby.......I leash her though there.
I wonder if there are vaccinations for your problem....
Good luck
my husband and I do something similar, I normally don't trust Lola off leash but she is so toy driven that if we continue to engage her it has been OK. My husband and I take her in our backyard, which is about 400' from the road, and fenced on the property line but not to the street. Between us we have husband about 4 squeaker toys and we throw them back and forth and she gets crazy running all over retrieving them and will bring them back to one of us, and we sort move to keep cornering her. I also put her in her harness and attach one of those 15' thin plastic tie out ropes. In a pinch if she looks like she is heading in a direction where we do not want her to go we can normally step on it, where it would be impossible for us to catch her if she went running at full speed. I know it's a hard balance keeping them safe while letting them enjoy being a dog
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!