View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

As you say, Yorkies are one of the breeds that's considered to be "hypoallergenic". However, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't have allergic reactions to them. I did some reading recently on this b/c there was suspicion that my mom might be allergic to dogs.

Do you know anyone with a yorkie? If so, I suggest you play with the dog and see if you have any reactions. Let the dog lick you and what not b/c from what I've read, their saliva is one of the things that'll trigger any allergic reaction.

Also, if you've never had any pet that requires a lot of time, energy, and probably money (like a dog), I strongly suggest you REALLY think things through. I'm not trying to discourage you from adding a new family member but I see so many people not fully realizing what commitment these little pups require. But if you can weather some of the storm that comes with owning these wonderful breed, they bring your family so much joy!

Please read the stickies which is full of great information. And if you ever have any questions many members here are very knowledgeable and you'll likely get replies back quickly.

Good luck!!!
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!