View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

I've often wondered about the epipen myself...I am scared to death of my boys getting stung by a bee. It happened to my moms dog, which is my older dogs son, and she had to rush him to MSU. Had she not given him a steroid pill before leaving the house, he would have been DOA.

I am glad your pup is ok. I wish I knew about a preventative, but I don't. Is it possible to give your pup benadryl before going outside. Of course, this isn't going to be possible if your dog goes potty outside all of the time, but if she uses pee pads and only goes outside to play once a day or something, maybe it would be possible to give her some liquid benedryl before going outside. I'd definitely consult the vet first.

I give my boys benedryl for car rides and I give it to them for allergies.

Another thing you can try is treating the yard for bugs. I've used Seven Dust on my yard to try to rid it of fleas and I've used a different spray to cut down on the mosquito's....and maybe get a bug zapper or something similar. If there are plants that attract the bugs, maybe do away with those too. I had to move a bunch of hastas because they were attracting bees where Princeton liked to pee.

Last edited by theporkieyorkie; 11-04-2013 at 02:54 PM.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!