View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Dizzy
Yorkie Talker

Question Anaphylactic Shock - Bug Bites!!

Hi All - We've had our little Coco Chanel for five months now. She's almost 8 months old. Now we've had two episodes of very scary bug bite reactions. Yesterday's was particularly frightening --- I always wake up on Saturday morning eager to get my IG (Vixen) and little Coco out for some vigorous exercise. We're lucky to have a high school close by where they can run and play in a completely fenced field. Well, we started out everyone happy and ready to run! When we got to the mid point, Coco sat down and wouldn't move. I picked her up and stood her on her feet so see if she was OK. She raised her right paw and had a confused look on her face. All of a sudden, she went down, collapsed!!! Eyes rolled back, she began to struggle to breathe, her tiny little body went limp. I could feel her hear beating and she was breathing, but had pretty much passed out!!! I ran for both of our lives to the first house I could find and started ringing the bell. I asked for a phone and called my husband to come as fast as he could -- EMERGENCY!! We arrived at the vet just in time. They immediately took her and gave her a shot of benedryl, fluids and some other meds IV at which point she started to come around -- THANK THE LORD!! The problem is that this is the second time this has happened (the first wasn't' nearly as bad, but did require injections and constant monitoring). Is there anything preventative that can be done. It pains me to think Coco won't be able to go out to run anymore, but I REALLY can't stand the thought of EVER having to go through this again. I'm not kidding when I say I've aged quite a few years over the past 24 hours!! ADVICE PLEASE…….?????
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!