Thread: Trifexis
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
P-Nut Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporkieyorkie View Post
I didn't get a chance to read your prior thread, but I can tell you that both of my boys were on sentinel this summer and neither had any noticeable side effects. I will tell you though, that I have battled with fleas EVERY time I use it....so I started using Frontline with it and the fleas were still hard to get rid of.

Prior to the sentinel, they were on Revolution and had no problems. 1 month after being on the Sentinel and I got fleas. I will be returning to the Revolution next spring. It's more expensive and it's a topical, but with all of the money I've spent on fighting the fleas, it will probably be cheaper in the end.

My boys are both VERY allergic to fleas. If they get one on them, they go nuts!!

My mom uses another brand (I want to say Advantage Multi) and it's got both the flea and heartworm prevention in there and she said she really likes that. I am not sure if it's topical or a pill.
We switched from Trifexis to Advantage Multi, a topical, about 6 months ago. P-nut had been going through horrible spells of vomiting and diarrhea that ended up in vet visits at least monthly. Poor guy, he was really going through it and it would have been very costly if we didn't have insurance. This wasn't happening right after I gave him his dose of Trifexis, so I didn't connect it at first. But, after reading about issues with Trifexis, I decided to take him off of it, we'd tried everything else - grain free food, etc. etc. We've had no digestive issues at all since we switched!! Yay!!!
P-Nut Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!