Thread: Trifexis
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Well, we raced home from Canton, me in tears, worried to death about what we would find, thanks to dh saying "what if he dies when we aren't there". Got home to find...a perfectly normal-acting dog. Steady gait, jumping around without any problem, stands still, steady as a rock. Good, normal colored pee, went outside & had a perfectly normal poo. He smells like a vomit factory and still hasn't eaten his kibble, but he is drinking water and ate a treat. Talked to the vet, no reason to come in unless he starts to act funny again, since we have already worked this up 2 times before in the last year. Have the emergency vet in Chattanooga programmed into my phone, just in case. Washed his vomit-face and he acted normal with this (snarling beast) and now he is brushing his teeth.
I'm sorry to hear Turbo had a reaction to Sentinal. I guess no matter what I choose, someone will have had a bad experience, but after reading up on Sentinal vs. Trifexis, it seems like Sentinal has a better rating and fewer side effects. I think the Spinosad is much more toxic than the Lufenuron, since they both contain Milbemycin for heartworm prevention. Sentinal can be used on dogs weighing as little as 2 lbs whereas for Trifexis, the dog must be 5lbs or more. Before we went to Trifexis, I had Huey on Milbemycin for heartworm and on Program for flea prevention (which is Lufenuron). I may go back to 2 seperate pills, given 2 weeks apart, just on general principal, cost be damned. My baby's health is worth spending any amount of money. Anyway, he seems fine now and no more Trifexis for him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!