Thread: Trifexis
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Unhappy Trifexis

Ok, my previous posts about Huey never having any trouble with Trifexis...I take it all back. Yesterday he received his regular monthly dose. He has been on this for at least 2 years. During the night he left the bed and went to lay on his crate, which is very unusual for him. This morning, he is unsteady, falls over when just standing in one place and vomited once. He acts like he has really bad vertigo. He has done this 2 times in the past. Once exactly 1 year ago and once last March. Both times we went to the vet, got labs done and was pronounced healthy but that he might have had a seizure and we were seeing the "post-ictal" phase. I don't have any idea if these previous 2 episodes correlated with his dose of trifexis. This time, I am positive, since he got his dose yesterday and today is sick. Both other times he recovered completely without any intervention within 24 hours. Today, we have to go out of town (just 1.5hr away) for 8 or 9 hours. He was going to go with us, but it is on a twisty turny mountain road where he always vomits one time on the trip, and if he has vertigo, it would be cruel to take him on this car trip. Also, there will be many, many people here (it is my grandmother's 90th birthday, so not only tons of people, but something I can't get out of) and I think the overstimulation would be bad since he doesn't get out much ordinarily. He ate both meals yesterday and has peed and pooped this morning. He hasn't eaten this morning, but if I were dizzy and nauseous, I wouldn't eat, either. He is drinking water. If he is still puny this evening when we get home, I will take him to the vet Saturday am for labs. If the Trifexis is to blame, nothing will show up on labs this soon, anyway. I have decided that he will never get Trifexis again, just in case.
We really debated about leaving him alone today, but it was kinder to leave him than to take him. My dh has freaked me out when he asked "what if he dies while we are gone?" Obviously, if I thought he was that sick, I would have driven him to the vet and left him there while we are gone, and I hope I don't regret not doing that, but he has done this twice before and this time he doesn't look as bad as he did the previous 2 times. He actually looks fine except for the dizziness. Please keep Huey in your thoughts today as I am going to be a total wreck until we get back home this afternoon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!