Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Boy do I remember those days. I would come home and have to clean poop from everywhere. I also had to give her a bath every day. With patience and persistence, it does get better. I had to train Brandi to use the potty pads and once she was doing that consistently I gave her the run of the house but until then I switch from keeping her in a crate to keeping her in a room. That way I only had to clean up a small mess and I didn't have to give her a bath every day. She was less likely to step in her poop but the room I put her in did not have a carpet so clean up was relatively easy. And of course I didn't have to give her a bath everyday.

Brandi was a rescue from a byb so she was used to pottying in her crate because that is where she spent most of her time. So placing her in a crate definitely wasn't an option. Too bad it took me the first month of having her to figure that out.

The next thing I did was place her potty pad where she liked to potty. I also would place her on the potty pad and say "potty". After what seem like forever she eventually caught on and now her potty pad is pretty much the only place she will potty in the house. She still goes outside when we go on walks but having her use the potty pads is so convenient for nights and bad weather.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!