Thread: I'm scared
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
dean29
Yorkie Yakker

Default I'm scared

I've been reading up on Puppy Mills (which I had been unaware of). I am 99% positive that Kiwi came from a puppy mill. I wish I had researched the breeder more but I could not refuse that little face. She was shipped in from Ireland (red flag) and the breeder is very questionable (red flag). First, she keeps a number of dogs in different rooms, it almost felt like she was hiding them or keeping them in a jail. The 3 yorkies she brought out were all very unsocialized -- one was 7months old and had no personality, and the other two were 3 months old and were shaking to death. I chose Kiwi.

She may have anus gland problems. She coughs slightly about 3 times a day. She has earmites and possibly skin mites which I believe have been contracted to me!! I have a rash on my belly. I hope she doesn't have problems because it will be tough for me to pay her expenses, as I am on my own in college. But I do want the best for her.

Kiwi is progressively getting better with people, and is such a fun dog! She cuddles, sleeps next to me, follows me everywhere, and basically treats me as here daddy. However ...I sometimes look at her and think she has rabies or something. Especially when she's biting me. And I know these thoughts run through my mind because of the puppy mill. I know it's not her fault.

Maybe I'm just going crazy because it's late and I have a midterm tomorrow

sorry for the long post

Last edited by dean29; 02-16-2006 at 02:28 AM.
dean29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!