View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Tuppersmom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love to all the nice people who replied

We did indeed take her to the vet, and the vet checked out the dark spot it was just a discoloration and the other spots were lick graulomas. She gave her some tresaderm med, it is a liquid and you keep it in the frig.
Worked great on the spots and the redness finally went away from her paws and so did the spot on her leg. The black spot has gone.
When the vet said try to keep her from licking them, I thought yeah sure, she is the biggest little licker we have ever had.
We did go online and ordered DermaPaw and the little socks that they have too. And the derma paw has stopped her from licking. We did not have to use the socks at that time, the ointment contains wonderful ingredients and I do recommend it. (I have an auto immune disease and even use it when my lips crack and get sores on them...I know tmi!
But today it is Oct 29 and we have been trying to heal a very swollen foot pad, she has been licking again....she is not limping or does not seem to be in pain or distress when I examine it. I washed it with warm water and antibacterial (Dawn dish soap. I know it won't hurt her). Then I put diluted Hydrogen Peroxide to make sure that everything on the pad or between them was clean.
Then I put the tresaderm on it and put the front pair of baby socks on her. She is so good about wearing them, and they look so cute. She gets a treat when we put them on after she either walks out of them (I keep the gentle elastic that hold them around her back loose.) or when we put them back on her after a trip outside to do her thing. I can only use the tresaderm twice a day so I do use the dermapaw ointment often. The swelling is going down and the bright red pink color is finally lessening. So we have hope that it will heal soon, she can't lick it with the sock on and that will help it heal.
Thank you again for your replies, our Yorkies are so important to us. We seem to have been having a doggie meltdown for the last three months. Our oldest girl, (she was 14 on Oct 10.) and she has been having terrible anal gland problems. We have had to take her to the emergency vet twice and twice during the regular hours..boy very expensive, but they are our babies. She has had her glands checked and expelled and they were infected, she has been on two seperate two weeks of antibiotics.
I went online and bought Glandex.. we have been using that in their 12 o'clock lunch. which consists of a teaspoon of pumpkin and cooked liver. They love it, and the Glandex is made of pumpkin and liver to help her glands. My hubby took her to the vet last Wed. And he said she was 50 to 75 percent healed. He told the vet she has been taking Glandex (you only use 1/8 Tsp for her weight size once a day.) and the vet said it could be really helping her. It contains great stuff too. He put her on one more round of two weeks of antibiotics and wants to see her in one month.
Anyway, back to Tuppy. She is so good about being treated for anything so I am keeping her paw clean and dry and using the tresaderm and the dermapaw. Here is to hoping we do not have to put her on antibiotics too, I hate that. But if it doesn't clear up and look normal soon we will take her to the vet too.
Sorry this is so long but wanted to explain to all of you Yorkie lovers, check out the dermapaw and the Glandex. We don't have any connection with them but I do think they are very good.
Hope you and all the other yorkie lovers out there have great health and happy doggies.
Tuppersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!