View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #9
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmum View Post
Oh that's good to hear....I remember when Harry was tiny, and he ate the back of our kitchen door (the bits of wood inbetween the glass panes?!!!!? ) it's a wonder they didn't all fall out on top of him.

Terrible, nasty storm isn't it? It looks (hopefully) like it might be dying down a little now. I must admit, I think our watering-can might have moved, and the garden parasol looks like it might have mated with our shed but apart from that all's well here.

Did your roof stay intact Martin? Poor little Crystal, at least daddy's there to snuggle and protect her! Sally + Harry x
Morning Sall. The antics of these little 'Power-packs' is an unfolding source of incredulity to me!

Just now its bright sunlight here and I have to say compared to other lessser proclaimed storms, it rated barely in the top ten for us since '99, seems to have been really sporadic in intensity too? The roof ridge tile event was a continuous build up for several hours and amazingly savage when it hit the land. It's approach across the sea was truly spectacular to witness, it barely got a mention on the TV! I love the mental pictures your descriptions paint, great stuff. Well Dad and the bubba are off for a walk and a cup of coffee on the front. This week all the little lock ups cafe's on the promenade are open as its 'half-term'.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!