View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks for the tips!! I actually put a pee pad out last night where he had been peeing the most and to my surprise, my little guy went there every time but once. His aim isn't always the best so I did end up putting out a couple of pads out. Right now, they are in the hallway as that is his favorite pee spot, but I am going to try to slowly move them into a better place...inch by inch.

I think he must have been pee pad trained in the past...which is probably why he has no shame in going in the house right in front of me. My other dog doesn't really like them because he knows going in the house is naughty...and the cat keeps messing up the pee pads because she keeps trying to bury the pee.

I will have to try the spray on the pads. Ideally, it would be nice if both of the boys would use the pads while I am not home!! I am thinking of locking them in my kitchen in their exercise pen while I am gone with a pee pad in there...and then slowly giving them access to the house when they've learned to use the pads successfully.

It would be nice if they didn't have to go outside in the winter at all...for both me and them. I don't leave them outside unattended so I am out there freezing my buns off with them. I'd gladly clean up pee pads instead!!
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!